Perfect Holiday Destination: #3

After applying myself in small ways to every part of the scene I realised I wouldn’t be motivated until to progress until I had the trees in my scene as they cover the majority of my location and block line of sight that would get me closer to being able to visualise the scenes final composition. I thought I would use the trees found in the “”_”” In theory, It would save me a lot of time however In the pursuit of knowledge I thought I’d make my own and although with a simple form hopefully this will save on render time, with the foresight knowing I will create my renders very close to submission day. ill also be able to block more line of sight with denser trees.

This, however, creates a lot of geometry and as I will be duplicating the tree throughout the island the rendering cost will grow exponentially. At this point I have a few alternative options I could procedurally Decimate and Boolean the leaves generated by Xgen ( this may be too advanced though), I could do that but with baked geometry instead of procedural or I could use a shader with something similar to a bubble noise texture as a normal map or bump map.